Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Revisiting Sofitel

Of all the hotels in the Metro, my favorite would have to be Sofitel Philippine Plaza more of because we've  been staying there since I was young. It's like home to me and much like all homes, I have this weird attachment to it.

If I remember correctly, my last stay at the hotel was two years ago. Doesn't feel that long because we're always dining at the hotel so it only occurred to me that I haven't slept there for a while already. Well, imagine my surprise when I found out that much has changed at Sofitel:


Refurnished rooms! I see new hanging lamps and new furniture to match!


The bathrooms are all new too! Just a bit sad that the bath tubs have been removed :(
See that "window" on the right (the one with blinds)? It actually gives you a view of the room!
That's the panel outside. Don't know why they added this feature but it's rather interesting.
My favorite feature of Sofitel's rooms are the ironing boards. Its presence really does make me feel like I'm staying in a five-star hotel. lol!
 
 One of the biggest surprises for me was finding L'Occitane products in the bathroom. How more luxurious can you get?

Another thing that Sofitel added is their card-enabled elevators. See, when you ride the elevator, you won't be able to go to any floors without first inserting your room key. People who are not guests of the hotel will have no access to any of the floors. It is such a brilliant security strategy! It's just a wee bit of a hassle though to have to insert your room key in the elevator especially when it's packed and everyone's trying to do just that @_@

Well, because I have a weird affinity to the hotel, I feel so proud of the changes it has undergone. I feel it has stepped up to what it truly is-- a luxurious five-star resort hotel.

Sofitel will always be my favorite hotel, much more now that I feel like I'm rediscovering it. I cannot wait for my next stay!

1 comment:

  1. room card key to access and use the elevator? AWESOME! certainly a new thing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin