Wednesday, December 22, 2010

All I want for Christmas is....

NEW YEAR'S DAY.

The first time I saw the title of the song, I thought it was a parody of some sort. I honestly expected to hear something funny and punk rock. Well, I did get the punk rock vibe but there's certainly nothing funny about this song!


All of the bells ringing out for christmas
And I'm not supposed to feel this way
But all that I want this year for christmas is new year's day

It's such a sad song for Christmas but I get it. I am so in love with the song right now because I think it's genius. Studies have shown that Christmas is actually one of the most depressing holidays. If I am to explain it, I think it's because we attach so much and expect too much from this season that we get so depressed to realize it ain't gonna be happy ALL the time.

I don't want to be labeled a grinch for loving this song. I am just so amazed at its ingenuity! The lyrics and the whole concept is just brilliant. For some reason, the message hits me spot on. I lalalalalove it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin