Monday, September 10, 2012

Save Zane

We don't normally blog about personal causes but I realized that when it's someone you know, you can't help but go out of your way and break your own rules just because you care.

This is a story about Zane.

Zane is the brother of a friend of mine. He was born with Biliary Atresia, a fatal and rare liver disease. When he was still a baby, he underwent a procedure which allowed him to function and live life to the fullest. Sadly, now that he is 15 years old, Zane's life is again at risk as he has been diagnosed with Cholangitis.

At the moment, Zane is a picture of a boy in pain. He is jaundiced or has yellowish eyes and skin,
he suffers from severe skin itching and losing weight. 


Zane needs to have a liver transplant. Doctors estimates the operation between 4 to 5 million pesos. It is a huge amount that their family does not have at the moment. Their father, who has been their sole provider, can no longer go back to work because of heart problems. 

---
It breaks my heart when I hear of stories like this because I've been there. Fortunately for me, mama did not have to go through such a costly operation but everyday for the seven years that my mom was burdened by her disease, money was always an issue. My mom passed away this February and looking back, I kind of wish there was something--anything, at any cost, we could have done to prolong her life. 

That is why I am appealing to you all to reach out to Zane. Life is indeed fleeting but every second is precious. Each ticking of the clock that life allows Zane to have, is a lifetime worth of memories his family will carry with them.

I wish there was some way we could raise funds for Zane but for now, may I just request you all to like Zane's FB page. 1 like = 1 hug for the little boy. It's a small act but this could put a smile on Zane's face, and right now, I couldn't ask for more.


Help save Zane! Hit "like"! SaveZaneStayAlive

1 comment:

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin