Sunday, September 9, 2012

VegetariaNININ goes to the Grocery

Yesterday I went to the grocery and it's one of those days when I really realized how "vegetarian" I am.

My cart full of vegetables. Bow.
Usually, I skip the frozen section except maybe to get frozen peas or corn but since I was in a good mood, I went around and looked at everything on display. Well, to my surprise, I found a freezer containing not just one but a handful of vegetarian goodies!
So many vegemeat! I'm not a fan of vegemeat but I appreciate them a lot because for a "converted" vegetarian, there are days I really do miss the texture of meat.

 I don't know what vegelona is! Any ideas?

I was so excited! Normally, I get my vegemeat from Varona's near Manila Sanitarium but it has been more than a year since I last bought some. I'm just glad to know that these items are available in the supermarket. Please don't ask me if I have a signature vegemeat dish co'z I don't.  I still believe in going the natural route which means, the closest I get to "meat" would be tofu and mushrooms.

So with a freezer full of choices, what did I get? This.

I didn't eat a lot of tocino when I was still a carnivore. I didn't enjoy then so this might come as a surprise to those who know me. The reason why I got this is because it's one of the few things inside the freezer that I haven't tasted yet-- and you know how curious I always am :P

Hooray for accessible vegetarian food! Thank you South Supermaket for carrying these! :)

2 comments:

  1. I became pescatarian too - before! but went back to meat last year! :) i think it's very healthy - barely got sick :)

    Shari
    The Misty Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shari! Why'd you go back to eating meat? I feel sad :( haha, kidding! But yes, it is very healthy :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin