Thursday, September 6, 2012

Fun vegetarian eating at Gandiva

I've been a vegetarian (specifically, an ovo-lacto vegetarian) for five years now but in those five years, I've never been to a vegetarian restaurant. I think it's primarily because I could never find anyone who's willing to go with me--that is except for my good friend and co-miss fit, S :)

A few months back, I was looking for a place to try archery and I saw one in Ortigas. Coincidentally, the place also has a vegetarian restaurant!--how cool is that? So one Saturday, Sophia and I went to Gandiva cafe to check out their vegetarian offerings!

The place is a bit difficult to find. It's not like one of those establishments that you pass along and decide to check out. You would actually have to do a bit of research first so you can find it. Good thing S is familiar with the area so we had no problem locating it :)

The moment we stepped out the elevator, we were greeted by a scene of people shooting arrows. It was so cool and intimidating at the same time! Lol!

The cafe was not packed which is a good thing because we were so hungry.



Your view from one side of the cafe are these archery enthusiasts who we were so jealous of!


The players were of all ages! There were kids as young as 8 or 9 and adults of course. If not for the lack of time and fully packed area, we would have loved to shoot some arrows. Maybe next time. For now, let's focus on the food!

We ordered the Bacon Cheese burger pizza--don't worry, it's vegetarian! The "meat" part is made of soy protein :)
 We loved the taste of this pizza a lot! A friend who is a big meat eater even enjoyed the taste :) I personally did not have high hopes for this because I'm not a fan of mock meat or vegemeat co'z I'm more of the actual "vegetable" type of vegetarian--but I think I've converted! haha! It was super good! Just recalling its taste now makes me salivate @_@

For the pasta, we got their best seller, the spicy nut sundried tomato pasta. Now, this type of pasta I am more familiar with because this is usually what I eat. I have high standards for my sundried tomato pasta (because I make my own) so I say this was so-so. But don't worry, it doesn't mean it's not tasty--it is! It's just not as mind-blowing as my version :)
There are so many more items on their menu that I would love to try! I am so excited to go back to Gandiva for the food and hopefully to finally try my hand at archery! Yes, exciting times are ahead! :)

Gandiva Cafe and Archery
Unit 704 One Corporate Center, Julio Vargas St.
Ortigas Center, Pasig City, Manila


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin