Saturday, August 29, 2009

Color me happy!

I like to believe I'm an artist. I just like doing stuff with my hands and that includes sketching and drawing. But I also have to admit, I'm not great. I draw pretty much like a kid-- meaning, I can't do complicated stuff or images that come close to reality. Mine are always "cartoon-y".

Well, I've recently been sending designs over to a friend for her business. She liked the first batch I made for her and so she's asking me to do another batch. So sure, why not! Drawing is easy but the one thing that I really hate is transferring the sketches to the PC and making them into more professional stills by tracing over them with the brush tool. Ugh!

Blame my new character's curly hair but I just couldn't begin to imagine me slaving over each of those curls with my mouse. Goodness! Can you? Just the thought of it makes me nauseous. Well because of it, I found myself in an impromptu trip to the mall to finally get myself my very own drawing tablet :)

Thanks to my dearest friends who were online on Facebook and whose advice I gladly took, I got myself the perfect Tablet!

Say hello to my newest graphics buddy, ...err--Tablet! (haha, I don't really name my stuff except for my car, Soi)



My friends said I should get WaCom but because it Genius was waaaaay cheaper, I couldn't resist. The money I saved, I spent on new clothes. hehe :P


You should also notice how it's indicated on the box that it's a Graphics Tablet. See these tablets have all these fancy words on them which I have no idea what they mean so I just gravitated towards the one which practically screamed at me saying it's the one for drawing! (there's this one that's supposed to be perfect for signatures.err?)


Another dilemma I had was what size to get. I didn't know if it was too small or it was just right. However a friend said that a 4x6 tablet would be perfect co'z it's harder to draw on a bigger one. Well, after testing it, I say she's absolutely right! You don't really need much hand room co'z one thing I learned is that you should actually zoom your image to 200% if you want it to look perfect. So you see, you'd only be making a few strokes per area. A 4x6 tablet would be enough for that :)


I am obviously very excited about it! Here's a short message I made! I am still in awe at the fact that I can actually show you all my handwriting! Surreal!

The drawing tablet is amazing! It's one of the best purchases I've made my entire life! Totally worth every cent!

Wallet damage: 2500php (mind you, this is cheap already!--cheapest actually)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin