Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Celebrity scents

Our favorite celebrities have become much more than faces on tv screens, a good number of them have dived into the retail business: cosmetics, clothes, shoes, and the most common of all-- perfumes.

The first time I heard about celebrity "scents", I thought: "what? as if merely attaching their name on a bottle of perfume would make it sell!". But I guess these celebrities aren't so stupid after all! Their perfumes actually smell good! I've honestly smelled every single one of these perfumes (a couple of them I've personally used) and these are my favorite scents:

♥Jennifer Lopez' Live Lux and Glow After Dark
Live Lux smells very much like Salvatore Ferragamo's Incanto line or if you don't know what that smells like, think of fruity and floral scents. After Dark on the other hand is a unique mixture of floral, fruity and vanilla scents. The smell is heavier and more rounded than Live Lux. I highly recommend this for airconditioned places because it just smells wonderful in cool weather. Another plus: J.Lo's line is very economical. A few spritz is all you need to keep you smelling good all day.
♥Britney Spears' Curious
S' twelve year-old sister uses this and weirdly, it works for her! Britney's Curious has a floral scent which gives it a young but sophisticated smell.
♥Paris Hilton's Can Can
I don't know why in the world TMZ reported this being on the sale rack in the States when it smells sooooo good! I'm in love with this! If you Americans do not like it, ship over the whole batch to me, I'll take them with open arms! Can Can has a subtle vanilla scent with floral undertones. The good thing about it is that the smell doesn't change even after a couple hours unlike Paris' Heiress which smells really good at first but weirdly smells different after just an hour (fooled me bigtime!) As for Paris' new scent, Fairy Dust, I say it's sad we live in the Philippines where Sampaguita is so common (hehe!)
It's so nice to know there are celebrity scents out there that actually smell good! A word of caution though: It's a fact that perfumes smell differently on different people because they often mix with a person's own biochemistry. So don't expect a scent to automatically smell good on you just because it smells good on another person.

There's this one perfume I wish I'd have the chance to check-out. I haven't seen it anywhere yet but they say it's made for the younger generation with a mix of floral, fruity and butterscotch-y scents: Hilary Duff's With Love and her newest, Wrapped with Love.
Would you be a dear and give me a heads up if you come across Ms. Duff's line? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin