Thursday, August 13, 2009

Discovering the Nokia E63!

Ever since I sat beside this reporter directly blogging on his phone about the film we were currently watching at Cinemalaya, I couldn't get my mind off internet-capable phones! I was hooked! So a few weeks after, I talked my mom into getting me the Nokia E63 and boy oh boy am I happy with it!

The prospect of getting a chunky "business" phone has never crossed my mind. If I do get something bulky, I'd prefer to have a T-Mobile Sidekick instead. But hey, we're in Manila and just thinking of how I'd have to have it unlocked and synced to be used in the country is just too tedious a process for me. But, I don't have to do that with a Nokia!

I've heard people raving about the Nokia E63 and its wonderful internet capabilities that I didn't think twice to get the phone! And alas, I'm now a convert! These "business" phones rock!

The Nokia E63 internet feature is to die for! You can check your email account, go on google, post at twitter and even do blog entries like this!


See how I can check out PK from my phone? Or maybe go on Facebook? So cool!

The best thing I like about it is that you get the ACTUAL web pages themselves! The layout, the everything! I even found myself getting an image directly from google and making it my wallpaper in an instant! So cool that I don't have to connect my phone to my PC anymore! I even tried downloading an attachment from an email and voila! I was able to open it! Awe-mazing! :P

Its internet capabilities does not end there! One time I was hanging around Starbucks when I noticed that my WLAN device detected a network! I didn't know what it was that time but when I investigated further, I realized, it detected the Wi-Fi at the coffee shop! I could go online with no additional fee! Isn't it incredible?? Now, I can't get enough of it, I tweet ALL the time especially in malls where wi-fi access is literally everywhere!

Another favorite of mine is the .pdf reader on the phone! I downloaded e-books and now I can't stop reading! I don't need to buy a Kindle anymore! hihi :P And oh, if you like the Kindle because of its built-in dictionary, well you'll love the E63 because it has one too!


I finished reading Paulo Coelho's Brida on this phone! Hooray for technology!

I really love my Nokia E63. I don't think I would ever go back to non-internet-supporting phones anymore. I've seen how great it is to own such a cool device that thinking of my days with an Ericsson Walkman phone or Samsung Ultra phone feels like "caveman" years to me (haha!)

This is the face of the 21st century! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin