Sunday, August 2, 2009

Pimple Scar, Buh-bye.

The day before a big interview, I got this huge pimple. My mom gave me some ointment without telling me to use it sparingly. Hah, I got super eager and used more than what was necessary. As it turns out, it could 'burn' your skin. I was lucky because I didn't get burnt. What happened to me, however, is still quite unlucky. My pimple left a scar. So I've been trying to find products to make the scar vanish or at least less noticeable. I found two products. ;)

1. Body Shop Tea Tree Oil

I was a bit hesitant to buy from Body Shop because in the past, my skin didn't get along with their skin care products. But since every magazine, beauty forum and site (I find) that talks about the Tea Tree Oil line worships it, I gave in.

When I applied the oil to the pimple scar, I felt it tingling. The tingling feeling was similar to the
feeling I felt when I used some of that ointment mom gave me. So I was a bit scared. But, I have to admit that I also liked the tingling feeling. It actually felt like the skin where the blemish was was tightening. And when I saw that it made the blemish smaller, I instantly believed in its powers too!

Wallet damage = P375


2. Garnier Pure SOS Blemish Clear Pen

I learned about the Garnier pimple product from a schoolmate (who has really good skin!) so I went to a department store to check it out. Sadly, they didn't have the pen there. When I checked in Mercury Drug, they had the Pure line. I was a bit hesitant to buy one because I didn't know if this was effective and I was wondering why it was so inexpensive. But I gave in and decided to try it when I read at the back of the product that Garnier is actually under the L'oreal group (just like Maybelline, Kerastase, and Shu Uemura).

After I applied the product, it felt cold and I didn't feel as much tingling. But after 30 minutes or so, I noticed that not only did the blemish become smaller, it also became lighter in color. When I showed it to my best friend, she was amazed too! In fact, she already bought her own blemish clear pen.

What I love about the Garnier Blemish Pen is that it's not only for scars. You can use this whenever pimples first appear. Also, it is really super affordable!

Wallet damage= P79 --> whoops,,scratch that..checked the store and it's actually P149 :)

1 comment:

  1. I came across this on facebook, hiruscar philippines. I want to try their product HIRUSCAR

    Hiruscar, a revolutionized “2 in 1 Revolutionary system” scar care product, is newly formulated in Switzerland from a renowned manufacturer with 40 years of experience in dermatological industry. The synergistic action of MPS with Allium Cepa penetrates deep into the skin to regulate the regeneration of collagen to smoothen and soften scar tissue.

    With natural ingredients, Aloe Vera, Vitamin E and Vitamin B3 to moisturize, and to protect scar from ultraviolet rays, and to lighten the color skin tissue to restore it to a soften and more natural appearance.

    Hiruscar provides an effective solution to both new and matured scars. Continual application will help scars to appear less visible, smoother and softer.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin