Monday, August 17, 2009

Listen to your novels!

I have been reading a lot of novels lately that I took my addiction to greater heights by downloading e-books and recently, audio books. I mean hey, it's a nice break from listening to songs on your mp3. Besides, isn't it cool to catch up on your reading while literally driving/riding in a car?

Well, I tried Jodi Picoult's My Sister's Keeper because I didn't get to see the movie and I heard it was heartbreaking. I was very excited to start listening to it already, and to my delight, it was very good!

I was right thinking that audio books give you the overall experience: great narrator, different characters speaking, sound effects, etc, etc ! Well, the effects weren't there but the experience wasn't too bad :) I just didn't appreciate the fact that the narrator speaks too slow! With nothing else in tow, it gets boring just waiting for her next words!

I think one of the things you could do while listening to audio books is to sketch something or do something with your hands so you'll have better use of your time. Another idea is burning a CD of it and listening to it on your car's player. Then, you can even share the experience with your best pals while cruising down the highway! Just bear in mind that for one audio book, there are about 12 cds, each an hour long so burning a cd would necessitate a good number of available blank disks.

If you want to know what an audio book sounds like, I have here a snippet from My Sister's Keeper:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin