Sunday, July 19, 2009

Yellow Cab's Dear Darla Pizza

I first heard about this from Lucy Torres and I wanted to taste it immediately. Good thing S heard about it too so the first chance we got, we ordered the Dear Darla Pizza from Yellow Cab!

What is it exactly?

Dear Darla is the newest offering of Yellow Cab. It is unique because instead of the usual triangular pizza slice, it is cut into strips! It comes with arugula and alfalfa which you add on top. You then roll the entire strip, then dip it in hot chili oil! Interesting right?

Here's the entire set!Pizza cut into strips
Arugula and alfalfa leavesSome hot chili oil for dipping

Now that you have everything ready, you can go to the fun part: Preparing your own perfect slice!
It's really fun to do! Very interactive! I like playing with my food and using my hands so you can bet I enjoyed rolling my first slice. Hihi :P

The taste
Ho-hum. I've never really liked Arugula before co'z it's bitter so I didn't expect much. Well, disappointment was entirely what I got. First the pizza itself was not spectacular. Honestly, it lacked taste. If you don't add a lot of chili oil, you won't taste anything. The arugula and alfalfa were mediocre, I honestly could have done without it. As S puts it, "lasang dahon" Seriously. I think it would have been better if it had tomatoes or if it was more garlic-y or had grilled vegetables instead. I don't know, the pairing was just unspectacular, even adults with more mature tastebuds wouldn't go crazy over it.

The verdict
Although I'm used to eating vegetables and all that, I honestly think it falls short in the taste category. I would go with Shakey's Thin Crust Vegetarian pizza over this any day!

Pros: The pizza was thinner than the usual Yellow Cab slice; It was fun playing with it
Cons: Mediocre taste and seemingly, dumb ingredient pairings

PK rating: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin