Thursday, July 2, 2009

Going neon

I am a big fan of nail polish. Have been since I was young. I like collecting them in all these great colors that it thrilled me to see more and more funky colors being released! Well last year, we saw a couple of highlighter shades which was just crazy wonderful! It's like it's so ugly and so weird that it's beautiful! The 'in-your-face' colors totally became du jour!

I have been collecting these shades since I got my first bottle of neon green nail polish in Bangkok. I also got a canary yellow and thick baby blue shade but somehow they fall short in some way. Don't know what exactly but they do. Hehe :P

While we were grocery shopping, I dropped by the nail polish section to check out if there's anything worth buying. Growing up, I often find myself buying from the grocery because it's so much easier plus I like buying in bulk which you can do since they cost really cheap. hehe :)

Here's what I found:
The picture does not do them much justice but I tell you, they are N-E-O-N! It was a no-brainer, I had to get them!
I tried the neon pink first because Barbie is in right now and I tell you, this IS Barbie! The color is so fun and even if it was neon, it doesn't look ridiculous at all! Also, it was very easy to apply.
The Orange was very disappointing. It was very "watery" that it took four thick coats just to get it to that shade whereas the pink one only need one to two coats. The color though is good as it was bright but not too bright. It's sunny and fun but not post-it like crazy.

Verdict: I wish it came in more funky colors!
Wallet Damage: 25php (?)

I'm now on the lookout for silver nail polish like Gaga's. I've heard of Chanel's, Dior Vernis and Opi's but from what I've seen, they don't have the same shine and "silverness" like that of Lady Gaga's. Hmm... I wonder what she used?

If you ever come across this kind of silver shade, give me a heads up okay? I'll love you forever for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin