Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Restaurant Review: Spaghetti Factory

I am a BIG pasta person. Part of the reason could be that my mom ate a lot of spaghetti while pregnant with me (you know, "pinaglihi"). Or it could obviously be because pasta is lalalalove! :)

One saturday I found myself in Glorietta 5 and know what I found? A Spaghetti Factory-- Literally!
We spotted the resto from G4 and right then and there, we decided we HAD to eat there!

The menu was so big! They had a lot of choices for pasta lovers. They even made it customizable with you choosing a pasta firt: spaghetti, penne, angel hair, whatever comes to mind THEN choosing your sauce! You're literally creating your own pasta dish!

Penne in 100% Pinoy Sauce (Ground pork, sweet tomato sauce, hotdogs, bell pepper & parsley) 159.00php

Angel Hair in Popeye's Secret Sauce (Spinach in white wine cream sauce) 159.00php

BBQ Chicken Pizza
Location
The Glorietta branch was a very inviting location. When we came there, it was packed for lunch that we literally had to squeeze in this tiny little space for two just so we could try out the food. I think the place is too small especially with the lunch crowd. I can't even begin to imagine how it is during dinner.

Food
I was amazed at the menu! It was perfect! They had everything you would expect in a spaghetti "factory". It was also very vegetarian friendly which I absolutely loved! But then, here's the downside: The food was blah.

Total bummer right? It looks so exciting and perfect but the taste just doesn't compare to... anything! It was unremarkable! I think this is one of the fatal mistakes resto owners make. They try to give customers everything and in the process, they forget that taste always comes first.

Service
The service was okay. The waiters were unremarkable so okay is the perfect word for them. One thing that we did not like though is how they completely forgot to give us our change! Not that we're after the change since it was a few coins anyway but I think giving back the receipt is the most important thing. When we finally asked for the receipt, the waiter even asked us if we got our change back. Goodness, they totally forgot about it! When we got the receipt, it was stapled at the top and had writings on the back so we figure they already kept it in their file totally forgetting about us! So not delighted by it.

The verdict
A total disappointment :( Disappointment is the perfect word for it co'z we were really excited about the whole concept. I personally was very excited, I even intended to return to try out other things in the menu (the Vegetarian Lasagna sounded good!) but after our experience, I don't think I'll be making the trip to Makati anytime soon.

I think the really (and possibly only) good thing we could say about them is the size of their iced teas:

So big for a mere 45 pesos. You do get your money's worth with this.

PK rating: 5/10

1 comment:

  1. big FAIL!! The Old Spaghetti House is way better!

    I'd prefer Jollibee's spaghetti over Spag Factory anytime. LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin