Sunday, October 10, 2010

She's pretty reckless

We all know her as Jenny from Gossip Girl but did you know that Taylor Momsen has a very "dark" side to her? That to me was revealed when a good friend introduced me to The Pretty Reckless, the band Taylor fronts for. In my friend's words, "check out how Taylor turned from Cindy Lou to a raccoon"

Cindy Lou Who
Raccoon
Who would have thought right?

Not to sound too critical but their name suits them a lot. Taylor is the pretty and the rest...uhm, reckless. I mean, what's with the choice of band mates? Maybe they're hardcore musicians but it kinda looks off having a teenager with a bunch of grown up men. But then... Taylor is reckless herself so maybe the three men are actually the pretty part of the band.

I was reading up on Taylor and did you know that the girl is obsessed with setting things on fire? She would burn stuff all the time. Once, they found this pit in the studio and she and the boys stuffed keyboards, guitars, etc then put TNT and set them all on fire! Whoa right? But that's not the worst. Her bandmate relays, one time Taylor had her dog castrated and brought his testicles to the studio and set fire to them! Balls on Fire. Unbelievable!

I never saw Taylor like that. A poser maybe but someone so insanely wicked? No way. But the funny thing about all these is that if you actually listen to the band, THEY'RE REALLY GOOD. They're so good, I want to throw all the negative stuff out and just praise her for her brilliance!

Taylor's voice is amazing and her songs are extremely catchy, I find myself humming them!



I applaud Taylor for being true to herself and not getting brainwashed to be all popstar-y. But my wish is for Taylor is for her to not be so insane and confused as she comes off right now. She has amazing talent and I feel like all the nasty things she's doing and too much angst in her character is putting her down. I would love for her to make it big and be the ultimate rockstar she dreams of without losing herself in the process.

photo credit: google images

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gaaaahd! I love The Pretty Reckless!!! I have thme on my iPod and they're on constant repeat like. I love Make Me Wanna Die and Blender and Miss Nothing! Taylor has such an amazing voice. Im jelazz! Hahaha!

    She's VERY annoying though. Talks shit all the time like she's all that. Sige na teh kaw na rockerzzz! Hahaha! But love her music. I just wish she'd stop being so angsty. I mean it's a beautiful world out there. Get out and stop setting things on fire coz it's not cute...But I guess everyone goes through that OMG-I'm-so-great-I-only-listen-to-this-band-and-everyone-else-is-generic-therefore-I-hate-the-world phase...Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, glad you like them too! I was really surprised and blown away by how good they are! Taylor is just unbelievable!--if only she was less angst-y, she would be my ultimate rockstar!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin