Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Restaurant Review: Amici

One of our "shopping" trips together, Soan and I were looking for a place to eat which was fuss-free and delicious! Well, we didn't have to think much because our feet (and noses) led the way to Amici!

My only knowledge of Amici is that it's that place in Don Bosco that my mom goes to and in all occasions, fail to bring me along. She tells me how the food is and whatnots, only to leave me salivating. Boo.

Well, thanks to S, I finally got to taste the food at Amici!

True to the original concept (of it being Don Bosco's canteen), Amici offers a fuss-free dining experience. It's semi-fastfood, given that you order at the counter then wait for your order at your table. The food is always served warm which makes for authentic Italian dining.What makes it more appealing though is the very affordable price tag on their food. Normally, Italian cuisine is on the expensive side so finding a place that offers authentic Italian food without breaking the bank is just wonderful!

So, what did we get?

Spinach lasagna
Ohmy, can you see how it's oozing with cheese and cream? I am salivating just looking at the pic!
Fried mozzarella sticks - a little bit dry and "thin" for me but it's okay

Amici also offers gelato which is under a separate brand called Caramia :) Stupidly, I forgot what we both ordered but let me assure you they both tasted great!...and for a minuscule 80php, it is so worth it!



If you're ever in Mega, drop by Amici for a taste of Italian cooking without the hefty price tag!

PK rating: 7/10

p.s. sorry for the watermark on the pictures. I haven't gotten around to editing 'em yet @_@

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Amici used to occupy a space at Don Bosco's canteen. Btw, which Don Bosco school? Mandaluyong or Makati?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nadine! Don Bosco Makati :) I think it's still their canteen up to now, not so sure though but I never heard any news that it's not anymore :P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin