Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A new coffee place to hang out in..

My aunt and cousins who are from Vancouver mentioned a coffee shop to me several months ago. They said that a famous Canadian coffee chain opened here and that I should try it. I don't know why but what they told me just slipped my mind right after they mentioned it. Fortunately, something clicked in my brain and made me remember when I passed by it in SM Megamall!

I let my feet lead me into the store and forget the thoughts I had of going to a different coffee shop. I was intrigued by the extensive menu of Blenz. They had phrases such as 'Matcha Tea Lattes' and 'Chillos' on their boards. Still, I was craving for some coffee so I asked the barista which of their products is the equivalent of Iced White Chocolate Mocha. She said none (but I'm guessing it's probably a variation of the Iced Mocha). I ended up ordering these..

Iced Mocha (Med=P150, Super=P180)
They use belgian chocolate which makes it taste darker, as opposed to Starbucks' sweet Mocha Frappuccino, which means you get a feeling of drinking coffee rather than a cold chocolate drink.

Tuna Pie (P95)
The filling was tasty enough and its texture was similar to Breadtalk's Tuna Floss.

I'm sure I'd keep on visiting Blenz Coffee again and again to try these other intriguing drinks: Iced Green Tea Matcha Latte (which has sweet or non-sweet options), Iced Green Tea Ceremonial Matcha, Shaken Iced Teas, and the Blenz Fruit Chillos (yoghurt or ice-cream based).

How about you, have you been to Blenz at SM Megamall's Atrium?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin