Friday, September 11, 2009

Just what a Toner should be..

I confess...I haven't been taking care of my skin until recently. What do I mean? Well, I didn't use facial cleanser regularly, I didn't use toner at all, and I didn't use moisturizer at all either. That was until I learned about the importance of good skin care.

It is true that if you have normal, oily or combination skin, you should use a toner. But, stop using it if it makes your face feel dry, tight or if you feel some stinging. I actually tried using a toner before (one prescribed to me by a dermatologist) but it made my face feel tight and dry. I didn't like how it felt so eventually, I stopped using it without knowing then that the reactions I got were signs to discontinue the use. Lucky for me I stopped because if I hadn't it could've caused my skin to get dry and flaky.

Toners (as well as facial cleansers) shouldn't feel like you're using alcohol. It should not sting, dry your skin or even make your face feel tight like you've gotten a mini face lift. Toners are supposed to condition your skin by evening out your skin tone, close your pores (cleansers open your pores and clean it) and further clean your face. It was such a pleasant surprise when my make-up artist mentor/friend introduced me to the...

DICKINSON'S WITCH HAZEL TONER

Here are some of the pros and cons of this product: (+)Just 12% alcohol content, unlike commercial brands which has high alcohol content thus very drying! (+)Really affordable! 55php for the small bottle, less than 300php for the medium sized bottle(-)Smells a bit funky. It smells like burning dried leaves at a backyard bonfire. (+)But in time you'd get used to it and you'd sorta get addicted to it in the sense that you're looking forward to applying it again. (-)It is only available at Healthy Options.

P.S. If you can't seem to get used to the scent, try looking for a different brand of toner which is made of Witch Hazel, Rose Petal or of Cucumber. These three natural ingredients are good at toning the skin without drying it.

How about you, do you use toners? If yes, what do you use and how does it feel when you apply it on your face?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin