Saturday, September 12, 2009

Make your make-up kit a treasure chest.

Recently, I've been very interested about make-up. I've been researching online, asking experts about which beauty products they'd recommend, and trying products out.  Of course we all want to invest on products that are fit for us (skin type, skin tone, weather, and occasion). We want to look good wearing it...we want it to enhance our features. That is why the list we came up with contains products that most people approve of. The products suit almost all, if not all, Filipina women (or warm skin-toned women for that matter). So, are you ready for the list that would make putting on the 'no-make-up' make-up on yourself a breeze? Read on, loves!



1. Maybelline Clear Smooth Shine Free Face (Pressed) Powder (around P200)
I've seen lots of people retouching with this, and I found out that this product was particularly made for Asians. The shades I've seen so far are Fair, Natural and Honey. What's great about this product is that it is fragrance-free, oil-free, and non-comedogenic which means it won't clog our pores! But girls with sensitive skin such as I, please do be careful. After several uses, this made my face itch a bit.

2.Mac Spice Lipliner (around P650-800)
Most people love to use lipstick without knowing the importance of a lip liner. Lip liners prevent the lipstick from bleeding. It could also be used in the place of lipsticks. If you want a color which matches almost all shades of lipstick, then opt for Mac's Spice.

3.  Smashbox Brushes
I know that it's more affordable to buy brush kits but I just love these individual professional brushes. The Smashbox brushes are made of really soft sable hair (which is a higher quality than goat hair). The red handles also make it much more eye-catching. However, Smashbox does not have the brush I'm currently raving/loving...the stippling brush. No worries though, their powder brush and eyeshadow brushes are must-buys! Hehe. The powder brush sells for P2250, while the bullet (eyeshadow crease) brush goes for P1750.

4. Nars Orgasm Blush (P1350)
Since I was in High School, I've loved blush products the most. Blush ons (cheek stains to be more exact) made me feel that I look 'complete'. So, it was natural for me to choose to splurge on a blush (but in powder form now) before anything else. The Orgasm Nars blush is also recommended by most make-up artists because it suits most Asian women. Not only that, it also just looks natural (as if you've just seen your crush!). It's funny that they gave that name for their most popular color. Most people comment that it must be THAT good to be named as such!

5. Shu Uemura Curlash (P1000)
I've never heard of anyone who dislikes this particular eyelash curler. Make-up artists swear by it. We actually compared various eyelash curler brands and found the wonderful difference of Shu Uemura's. Its design and curve assures that it will get the most eyelashes (even those that are hard to reach) curled perfectly...that is if you know how to use a curlash

6. Primer
We all know about foundations as our make-up base but most of us have never heard of eye/face primers. Primers are applied before foundations. It acts as a barrier for your skin. It prevents your skin from absorbing the make-up thus stopping it and not letting it clog your pores. It also prevents making your skin produce more oil, so this is THE product for oily/combination skinned girls.

Also, I've been sorta anti make-up before because every time I use make-up (even if it's applied in well-known salons), I get oily afterwards and sometimes I get pimple breakouts! But when I learned about primers and started using one (I'm using Napoleon primer which costs around P1800), my skin doesn't easily get irritated anymore! I've proven this because the one time that I forgot to put primer first, after a few minutes my face was already itching (and yeah, that's when I remembered that I forgot to put primer on)! 

There you go! To end this post, we leave you with a few more tips, girls! (a)It is doubly important to take very good care of your skin..don't forget to CLEANSE, TONE and MOISTURIZE (but analyze your skin type first. 'kay?)! This is important because good skin makes make-up application so much more easier and faster. (b)Don't be shy to test the products first before purchasing! This is also necessary so that you'll know if you are allergic to the product or if it makes you oily. (c)Don't forget to take good care of your brushes and your make-up so that it'd live a longer life. If you're unsure how to properly clean them, search for it or message us, we'll be glad to help :)

Tah-tah! Happy make-up hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin