Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Little Princess

I have a soft spot for The Little Prince. Unlike most people who read the book during their childhood, I got to read it in College. Yes, I know, it's a bit late but I think reading it when you're older is better because you find depth in the seemingly naive storyline.

I cried the first time I read it. It was to me, one of the most beautiful love stories I have ever read about (at that time). To think it was a about an alien Prince and a rose (I'm such a hopeless romantic!) Well, I was browsing around the web when I chanced upon the Little Prince Store, or what is officially called, La Boutique du petit prince (say it aloud in your best French imitation!) and I died!!! I want everything in the store!

 How pretty is that scarf?? It looks so elegant and fun at the same time, me likey a LOT!

The medal pendants are just equally beautiful! I held my breathe for a second when I saw the silver one that translates "what is essential is invisible to the eye"



 ...oh my gawd the watches! I cannot control myself anymore! I like 'em a lot LOT lot!!! Don't even get me started on the bracelets (which sadly are out of stock at the moment)... seriously, this is crazy! Everything is so nice!

 I LOVE the mug. It's beyond words. SRSLY.

I'm hyperventilating and my pupils are dilated right now. Happens only when I see something I really, really like. Gaaaah, the little prince merchandise, you're breaking my heart! If not for the expensive price tags, I would purchase you all as swiftly as I could click "buy". BUT you're too expensive for me--for now. *sigh* ...and then "cries" huhuhu :((

To end this "semi-tragic" post, let me share with you my very first t-shirt design starring "the little princess":

You are not at all like my rose...
To be sure, an ordinary passerby would think that my rose looked just like you.
But in herself alone she is more important than all the hundreds of you other roses
because it is she that I have watered; 
because it is she that I have put under the glass globe;
because it is she that I have sheltered behind the screen; 
because it is for her that I have killed the caterpillars (except the two or three we saved to become butterflies); 
because it is she that I have listened to, 
when she grumbled, 
or boasted, 
or even sometimes when she said nothing
Because she is MY rose."

-The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Click here to check out the La Boutique du petit prince

Related post: Melissa shoes and the Little Prince

2 comments:

  1. i cried when i read the book, too!

    I waaaant the silver medal pendant! cute shirt design btw :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Fran! :) yes, the pendant is so pretty! It still breaks me heart :((

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin