Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Norwegian Wood

I have been on a Murakami addiction since the beginning of the year, but no Murakami book (to date) has made me more obsessed than Norwegian Wood.

 It is too beautiful for words.

The book has been turned into a movie and officially opened in the UK in March. I pray to all the angels in heaven to send the film to the Philippines. I need to see Toru and Naoko. That picturesque scene they spent walking in the woods is still vivid in my head. It was beautiful, sweet, and put into words all I've wanted from a relationship.
 “I once had a girl, or should I say, she once had me.”

The book,  the Beatle's song of the same title, the movie makes me feel peacefully in love
It is real. 
It is complicated. 
It is too beautiful to miss out on.

Kenichi Matsuyama as Toru. Cosplayers might recognize him as the star of Deathnote in the movie version



I am in love with the book. Much more because it gave me the setting for my own fantasy love story. No, it doesn't mean the book or the movie is a fairytale, it is far from that really. As I've said, it is love in the real sense-- sometimes tragic, sometimes painful, but in all of those intricacies, it is what it is-- BEAUTIFUL. Love is beautiful.

Love is a choice.
Love is a risk.
Love is a loss of innocence. 

Norwegian wood.

photo credit: All movie stills from wildgrounds.com

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited to see Norweigan Wood as well. My girl crush Kiko Mizuhara is part of the film as well. Hihihi.

    -Nix-

    pineapplemonsters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nix! She's the girl playing Midori right? I don't know her, but since you think she's great, I wanna see her on screen too! Oh I do hope they bring it to Manila soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin