Saturday, April 23, 2011

Jaded..

I wasn't planning to buy anything while I was strolling around Rustan's but when my mom and I passed by the nail lacquer area..Oh my golly.. I knew I had to get this...
I searched online about Essie's Pretty Edgy color. It was actually a product they launched in Summer 2010. I am now sporting it and people have taken notice.

Why I like it:
1. Green is a nice change from my usually red or pink colored nails.

2. It's not your typical green.
I like that it's m&m's green and not the usual, light, bright, apple green or neon green.

3. Finish is shiny.

Why I don't like it:
1. It is hard to apply!
Either I don't know how to properly apply polish or their brush is hard to use. When I painted my nails, the base was full of pigment but the tips had sheer to no color, at first stroke! Had to apply 3 coats.

2. Chipped the next day. :(
I don't know why but every time my nails are coated with 3 coats of nail polish, it easily chips regardless of who paints it (an amateur like me or a pro nail technician).

How much it is:
P495 at Rustan's Department Store.

Here's how it looked like.. notice how sheer the 1 coat looks like.
From top to bottom: 3 coats, 2 coats, 1 coat
Also tried to use other colors with Pretty Edgy as base or top shade. I wasn't able to take good, clear pictures of the various combinations, though. Will try to take a pic of it next time.
From left to right:
base: Dashing Diva Silver, top: Pretty Edgy
base: Pretty Edgy, top: Skin Food Apple Green
base: Pretty Edgy, top: Essie Good to Go top coat
Don't you just love the endless possibilities that nail polish offers? I know I do. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin