Friday, June 12, 2009

Phil. fashion week sneak peak

So as you may know, S and I got invites to Philippine Fashion Week Collection D. Unfortunately, S couldn't come and because I ended up alone, I didn't feel in the mood to take good pictures. I even took the lousiest seat in the whole place co'z I was too glum. Hehe :)

Well, it's my first time in Fashion week so I'm sharing with you some things you'd generally expect from it. Take this as Philippine Fashion Week dummies' edition :P

Invitations
Philippine Fashion Week is an invitations-only event. You get invited by having contacts with designers, event coordinators and the like. Your invites arrive in the mail a few weeks before the show (or in our case, a week from the show. We even got one that arrived AFTER the show. nyay) Although the invitations are not given too "freely", you can actually score one by having a friend with many tickets! See, they do not check the invitations which means other people may use it regardless of who it was given to in the first place. Don't worry, come next year and we get multiple tickets, we will definitely be giving out some of them here :)

Another tip! The event from now on will be in SMX Convention Center and Mall of Asia. The one at Mall of Asia is for the general public. I have friends who saw the show even without invites. Just go there, it's a big event and there are shows which are open to all!

What to expect
Well, what do you expect? Fashion of course!


There's a registration booth at the door where you leave your name and email address. I honestly do not know what it is for but I registered anyway.

Then you'd be greeted by a long line! I suggest you do fall in line! Truth is, even if they say that there are seat allocations, it's a lie and it becomes a first come, first serve thing. So if you want to get good seats, you have to be the first in line!

The place is actually very cozy inside. It's very intimate with minimal seating. Can you believe I'm actually seating at the leftmost chair in the last row? But I still have fairly good view of the show from my place. (why the lousy seat? I told you I was too glum! Normally, I would have run and elbowed my way to the front row :p)


Don't ask me which designer's collection is which because I didn't pay attention to that. Hehehe :) I'm sorry. I was just really sad the whole time that I wasn't in the mood anymore. But honestly, EVERYTHING was beautiful so props to all the designers! :)

Philippine Fashion Week 2009 has been one very interesting event! It was a weird but fascinating first time for me. Hehe :) I think what I absolutely loved about Fashion Week is how you'd see a lot of fascinating people and their choice of clothes. There were a lot of "characters" like punks, goths, glamouramas, classical chics, and a whole lot of "artists". That's what makes Fashion Week wonderful! You can be happy in your own skin without getting stared at for your fashion choices!

So here's what I wore:



So this has been NJ, giving you the lowdown on Phil. Fashion Week from a dummies' point of view! See you next year! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin