Friday, June 19, 2009

Lady Lenka's "show"

It's been common to hear of tv shows launching careers of music artists. I mean, there was Grey's Anatomy with the Fray and Snow Patrol, One Tree Hill with Gavin DeGraw and The OC with Phantom Planet. Tv soundtracks are the stuff of legends on instant stardom! Well, PK's featured artist is a TV soundtrack baby too! Introducing, PK's pick of the month, and my current favorite artist, Lenka!

Lenka Kripac is originally an Australian artist who trained under Cate Blanchett. Why she suddenly turned her attention to singing, I don't know but for that same reason, I'm thankful she did because she is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

You've probably heard her on Grey's Anatomy with "Trouble is a Friend", and my favorite, "We Will Not Grow Old" on 90210. Lenka just has this amazing voice that is sweet but punky at the same time! What a great pairing! And have you seen her video for "The Show"? It's upbeat and refreshing and super fun, you would immediately be drawn to her. I absolutely love the lyrics too! It's supposed to be sad but it's uplifting and the way she sings it gives it a very light and optimistic vibe!

I am just a little girl
lost in the moment
I'm so scared
but don't show it
I can't figure it out
it's bringing me down
I know
I've got to let it go
and just enjoy the show

I'm excited to hear more from her! She is definitely one artist you should keep an eye on, because I tell you, she will be BIG! For now, check out her video for The Show we've posted here :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin