Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Bright eyes

I've always had eye bags (Thank you very much dad!). It doesn't matter if I stayed up late or not, I have them all the time. I'm rather used to them already that it doesn't bother me that much. But in college, I began noticing them more and more and they've began to annoy me! It wasn't helping that all the late night-slash-early morning cramming made them worse!

I've been experimenting on finding the perfect eye cream for my eyes. So far, I think it has helped keep my eyebags from really drooping low. I haven't found the perfect eye serum yet that would miraculously erase my eyebags forever but I'm sharing with you two things I use to lessen the "damage" school has bestowed on my tired eyes.

St. Ive's Eye Stress Gel
This product is the best when it comes to instant eye rejuvenation! I remember when I was young and I hardly had any sleep, I would put two spoons in the refrigerator and when they're cold, press them against my eyes. The puffiness and "tiredness" of the eyes disappears! It's a very good remedy for those days when you've been up crying or studying.

Well, the St. Ive's Eye Stress Gel has the same effect as the cold spoons. They're better though because not only do they give a cooling effect, they also tighten the area under the eyes, thus, "pulling" the eyebags up (cold spoons will never achieve that effect).

The effect is instant! Your eye area will look brighter and fresher as if you've just woken up from a good 8-hours of slumber.

To apply, just squeeze a small amount in your middle finger and massage carefully under the eyes.



As you can see, it comes in gel form. Be warned though that a small amount goes a long way since it can become watery once applied. Don't be scared co'z it dries easily as well and does not leave a sticky feeling. It's also very safe and be used numerous times during the day, anytime you want to rejuvenate your eyes.

Wallet damage: 166.50php

Garnier Light Eye Roll-On
I've heard reviews about Garnier and how it is effective. Being the desperate eyebag hag that I am, I just had to try it for myself. Well, I've been using it for more than a month now and I can honestly say that I can see improvements!

Garnier Light contains caffeine which is well-known for its stimulating properties. It also contains vitamin b5 that helps hydrate the skin. Having vitamin b5 in an eye product is rather ordinary because what your eyes really need is to hydrated, hence, why dermas advise you to drink lots of water to lessen eyebags.

At first, I was curious on how the product was going to eliminate my eyebags. I mean, the ingredients it contains is not enough to address all my eye problems! Caffeine? Vitamin b5? Nothing else?? Well, turns out, Caffeine and Vitamin B5 can go a long way. Since I used this product, I've noticed that my dark circles are starting to lighten up. Now, I have to tilt my head a little to see where my eyebags end because there's no longer that dark half moon that makes my bags prominent. It has lived up to its name "Light" by literally whitening the area under my eyes!

However, what it hasn't addressed yet are the two half moon lines a.k.a. "wrinkles" which defines my eyebags. I wish the product had a more "tightening" effect to stretch that area and put to rest my eyebags forever. But then I've only been using this product for a month, I still have a whole tube to finish so maybe my eyes will still improve.

When you get this product, one of the most immediate concern you get is how awkward it is to use a roll-on under your eyes. I mean, isn't it weird? Well, apparently, it's a wise thing to use because rolling on the product leaves only a thin layer under your eyes which is the perfect amount to put. The roller also serves as a massager which makes putting it on rather very relaxing. Besides, the roller is metal! It isn't one of those cheap plastic ones deodorants have.

Photobucket
See how thin the layer is? It spreads the product evenly on your eyes. It's also very economical because even if I apply it twice a day, it isn't even halved yet.

Wallet damage: 299php

So there goes two of the products I use to eliminate my nasty eye bags. I'm still on the lookout for the best product to use. But until then, I'll just keep you guys updated :) Here's to having beautiful, bright, eyebag-free eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin