Friday, June 26, 2009

Oh rest in peace!

I am honestly shocked at the news my twitter celebrity "friends" have been tweeting about. "RIP Michael Jackson"; "RIP Farrah Fawcett" Are you serious?? Well, from the number of tweeters repeating the same thing, I have to assume it's true. Yahoo! also confirmed this news with a full story on their website:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obit_michael_jackson

I don't really know much about Michael or Farrah. They became phenomenons years before I was born but growing up, I hear so much about them that I somehow developed this great respect for both of them. Even during Michael's trying times with the molestation issues, I was ironically behind him, totally disbelieving the rumors (hehe). Farrah's story on the other hand I got to see on screen when I saw the documentary on the original Charlie's Angels on HBO. I had great respect for these two people and this news makes me very sad (especially Michael's! It's so surreal!)

So to end this post, with all sincerity and respect,

May you rest in peace, Farrah and Michael.

...as long as the music plays and Charlie still needs his angels, you two will be remembered...

Farrah Fawcett
1947-2009

Michael Joseph Jackson
1958-2009

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin