Saturday, May 16, 2009

Debbie Co for Ensembles collection

Ensembles has always been one of those "go to" brands my friends and I consider for all the times we had to wear corporate attire to school. The clothes are just screaming "corporate!" from all angles. Besides, they had this sexy silhouette, which makes it so appealing to young girls like us!

Well, S and I got invited to the launch of Debbie Co for Ensembles collection at The Row, Glorietta 5. We were so excited for it! However, because of the most unfortunate and unexpected events, S couldn't come and I ended up going alone. Huhu :(



Still, I'm very glad I did go to the event. It was so much fun! Knowing the history of something (or in this case, of the new collection) really makes you appreciate it more. For one, I was glad I got to meet Debbie Co herself. To tell you honestly, I thought Debbie Co was old. (Sorry, Ms. Debbie but I really didn't know you until the launch!) I was pleasantly surprised to find out that she was very young AND beautiful!


(left: Debbie Co with Carmina Villaruel; right: me with Debbie Co. Sorry for the crappy photo. Will change it when I get the one from Ensembles' photographer)


(The event was hosted by Richard from ETC. As you can see from the crowd, it was a very intimate affair.)

I guess that you can say that her collection for Ensembles reflects who she is as a designer and what Ensembles is really about. The collection took inspiration from Japanese themes and that of the 60s era. True enough, you would see how the clothes are minimalist and structured but are of vibrant hues.

Pardon me for the crappy photos. I'm so not good at taking moving pictures. I'm just too slow!






I'm totally loving all the ruffles and waves! Very du jour indeed!






The jackets look so tailored yet feminine at the same time. Could totally imagine myself wearing that black one on the left!




I am so in love with that red skirt!

I think Debbie Co for Ensembles was a very good pairing. Debbie was able to give Ensembles a more youthful vibe. The colors were young and the designs were very modern. The collection totally redefines the idea of "corporate attire" if I say so myself. I mean, who wouldn't want to go to office wearing those? No more "teacher-like-uniforms"" for yuppies! This collection totally brings more class and chicness to the usually boring work attire. Good job Debbie Co!; Good job Ensembles!

To see the entire collection, check out their site: http://www.ensembles.com.ph

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin