Thursday, October 18, 2012

Owl-ed

I always find great joy in artistic projects especially when it involves anything cute and whimsical. That's why I'm particularly excited about our newest party project for my business Chorchi's -- an owl-themed party!

If you follow me on Instagram, you've probably seen these photos already.

We experimented on felt invitations. These double as cell phone holders as well. Love the different owl designs. So cute!
Also experimented on owl "vases" the other day and came  up with that. Imagine these filled with daisies! So cute! I am enjoying this "experimenting" thing because it stretches my creativity and allows me to create stuff I've never tried before.
I also like that it takes my mind off work and school. It's been so long since I last hanged out in Starbucks with papers and pencils. Normally, I'd have a book or readings with me. It's such a nice break from all the stress :)

So nice to have a business that allows you to follow your passions. When you're a young professional, there comes a time when your work routine starts to bore you and you have to find other distractions-- well here's mine :)

To all young professionals out there, don't let your day job keep you from pursuing your passions. Don't let the corporate world consume you and milk you dry.You don't need to resign or do anything too drastic. Just believe that you can have the best of both worlds.

Good luck my dear co-yuppies!

2 comments:

  1. Cute stuff! For a time I was obsessed with owls. Owl necklace, bracelet, earrings. Haha! They're odd looking but really cute. Ugly cute. But your owls there. Cutecute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ishna! Owls do have that appeal don't they? hihi :P I'm realizing why people like 'em. They're so cute!

      Delete

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin