Saturday, October 13, 2012

Cheese on Cheese

I am very picky when it comes to my red velvets. There are only a very few that pass my standards and yet I feel like I still haven't found that perfect red velvet cake/cupcake that I love-- until I got a taste of Nibbles' Double Cheese Red Velvet Cupcakes.

My friend let me taste Nibbles' cupcake and truth be told, I was not very excited. Like I said, I'm very picky with my red velvets. When I first tasted this, I said it was "okay" but a few days after, I found myself craving its taste and that's when  I realized I LOVED IT. I know, I'm weird like that but really, for me, the gauge of whether anything is any good is if I remember it. Well, I didn't just remember these cupcakes from Nibbles, I even started craving it!
One of the things that I am particular about is how moist the cupcakes are. I like my cupcakes soft and moist. I mean, cupcakes are mini cakes and cakes are supposed to be soft and fluffy. If a cupcake is not that, then I think it should be called a muffin instead.

Nibbles by Nao'mi Matsuda Monzon has the tastiest "cake" part in a red velvet. It is so good! It's not too sweet and it's moist and really tasty! You can eat it on its own even without the frosting-- but no. You must not skip out on the frosting!

The frosting is where the Gods live. Cream Cheese frosting with grated cheese on top-- oh heavens rejoice! I gave away a bunch of these to my colleagues and my boss commented how the cupcakes are layers and layers of indulgence-- yummy red velvet cake, perfect cream cheese frosting and more cheese! How can you resist?

I think the appeal with these cupcakes is that you don't immediately think they're great but then the taste becomes unforgettable and you just can't keep your mind off it. And if you know me well enough, you know how I get obsessed with things. Like how I'm obsessed over the taste of these! So good!

Still, I feel a bit disappointed that the recipe changed. The one my friend gave me had more cheese. In fact, I checked Nao's page just to verify if there's actually any change in the recipe and sadly, there is :(


See how those look more indulgent? I loved how I was able to bite into the cheese. Unlike the ones I got where the cheese were grated really thinly. I think because it looks "messy" but no! I like messy. Plus cheesy messy is always good! So please Nao, make 'em like you did before! So yummy!

I cannot wait to order more! If you want your own, email Nao'mi at bits_and_nibbles@yahoo.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin