Saturday, October 6, 2012

Breakfast, anyone?

Guess you know how I have this penchant for Indie films. I just really like the "uncommercial", artistic appeal of independent movies. I especially like indie films that are not too "artsy" per se. I think it's more difficult to produce something simple --if you know what I mean.

I share this liking for Indie movies with a good friend and one of the most memorable foreign Indie film we watched together is Flakes. It's a movie that stars Zooey Deschanel and talks about cereals.

 
 Flakes is a feel-good Saturday-afternoon-spent-at-home kind of film. It's simple and yet tastefully done. As always, Zooey is wonderful and really exudes that Indie vibe! She is perfect for this film. Love her.

Another movie my friend recommended is Butter. Yes, I know, another breakfast item! Like the title says, the movie is about Butter!-- or particularly about a butter carving competition.
 The more interesting thing about this movie is that it has a lot of stars in its cast. PLUS-- big shocker is Ashley Greene and Olivia Wilde's make out scene (*oh the controversy!*). Seriously though, I LOVE THIS MOVIE! Again, it's simple but I found myself laughing and getting teary eyed at the same time.

...and finally to cap off the "breakfast bunch" is Toast-- a film about... err, food. Sorry if you thought it's just about bread!
This movie is going to make you so hungry! You have been warned.

I'm so happy to have been introduced to these films. It's like finding that perfect match. Like your heart is about to burst because of that unbelievable feeling of sheer happiness. I knoooow, I'm weird like that. Still, I wish you'd give these movies a go, and I'm hoping maybe you'll like them too :)

Cannot wait for my next "breakfast" film! What will it be? Black coffee? Pancakes? Jam? Jelly? Or maybe something simpler... like Sugar. *oooh, I'm so happyyyy* (and such a geek) @_@

2 comments:

  1. Looks interesting! Thanks for this, Ate Ninin :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Rizzi! Enjoy watching! :)

      Delete

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin