Monday, September 12, 2011

Mango F/W Collection 2011

Last Wednesday, Sophia and I trooped to Resorts World Manila to attend Mango's Fall/Winter 2011 fashion show.
We were so un-fashionably late that we only got to catch the last few minutes of the show. The fashion show was styled by Bianca Santiago-Reinoso, Patrick Galang, Myrrh Lao To, Teej Nepomuceno and Anna Canlas. However, because we were late, we only got to see the last few models walk down the ramp:
Ria Bolivar for the win! She's one of my favorite local models
The new Mango F/W collection is all about layering and creating textures. We are so loving the animal prints and leather!
Congratulations Mango and all the stylists for a job well done! *clap, clap!

This fashion show is going to be one of the most memorable fashion shows (at least for me) because I had such a hard time interpreting the "luxe grunge" theme. I know some bloggers have already posted this dilemma prior to the event but believe us when I say it was a really tough theme!

Luxe. Grunge. Apparently, the trend is also known as "boho-chic" and was popularized by the Olsen Twins.

Nin's take
Olsen Twins-- so okaaaaaaay. That was not what I had in mind! I think I got stuck on the "grunge" idea. My peg? Taylor Momsen.
bodycon dress and strappy sandals - People R People, body chain- DIYed, purple clutch- borrowed from Soan
Okay, I admit it. Even if everyone told me what luxe grunge should look like, I don't think I'd listen. I'd still interpret it like this-- just because I love doing the rocker chic look. Besides, all the outfits I had in mind entailed that I go shop for some key pieces which is impossible given I'm super broke right now :( So I made do with whatever was available in my closet which in this case is my trusty little black dress! To make it more grunge, I decided to DIY a body chain to go with it.
I did this for four hours straight and despite my lack of expertise in accessory-making, I think I did a fine job. Haha, proud? :P
Soan's Take
Unlike Ninin, my peg was the Olsen Twins. But like Nin, I'm also broke so I just mixed several old pieces that I have at home.I looked at some of the Olsen twins' pictures and noticed how they preferred wearing knits (and plaid) with black. So what better to wear at a Mango fashion event than a Mango knit top, right?
Mango knit top, Topshop dress and textured tights, JC shoes, Chanel clutch, rings and necklace from random shops
Tried to add more luxe to my grunge outfit through my accessories.
So what is Grunge Luxe really supposed to look like? Mango's F/W collection gives us an idea:
Prettyyy! I am loving the new collection already! Woot!
Thank you Mango for inviting us! And major thanks for the freebie! We love it!
Taken from Sophia's instagram

4 comments:

  1. aww i was there!:( too bad I didn't see you girls!:( lovely outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! you are so right and I needed to hear this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute outifts! you both look great :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin