Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Restaurant Review: Kido Manga

One fine afternoon, this newly opened cutesy restaurant caught our eye. Their bright colors and interesting menu got us hooked. We were both super excited when we saw that one of their specialties is Japanese coffee. I don't know why but we are just really interested with the different tastes of each country's blend of coffee.

So, I was eager to order either their Takoyaki or their Japanese burger but sadly, these still weren't available. Apparently, they were still on soft opening. This was why I ended up ordering a savory crepe. I wanted the Tonkatsu crepe but it still wasn't available either so I ended up getting the Cheeseburger crepe - just like a really juicy and cheesy burger without the bun. NJ got the Adzuki crepe - a delicious, creamy crepe with cornflakes and sweet mongo beans. Then for our drink, we both got the Caramel Milk Tea. But next time we eat there, I'd love to try the Caramel Matcha Mallows.

(left to right: caramel milk tea, cheeseburger crepe, adzuki crepe)

What's our verdict? Hmmm...to tell you the truth, I was about to lose my cool when everything I tried to order wasn't still available! But then again, I had to remind myself that they are still on soft opening (meaning they STILL have a right to not have everything on their menu.hehe). Now, here's the catch...I'm so glad that whatever we ordered to substitute our original orders were up to par. EVERYTHING WAS DELICIOUS. I couldn't get enough of the cheeseburger! The Cheeseburger crepe was just the right size. Also, with every piece you bite, you're assured that you'd get a bit of all its ingredients. The Adzuki crepe, was also so heavenly! The creaminess and sweetness of the crepe was a perfect balance. You would even forget you're eating beans! Yummy! We both enjoyed the Caramel Milk Tea. However, if you like the bitterness of the regular Milk tea, don't expect it here. This one tastes 'relaxing' and it would keep you wanting more (coz you just can't quite catch the complete taste!)...seriously, it's that addictive! ;)

We can't wait for the Kido Manga Restaurant in Robinson's Manila Midtown Wing to be fully opened because I am sure that we would surely enjoy their entire menu! Are your mouths watering now? Well, what are you waiting for? Run to Robinson's 4th Floor now! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin