Sunday, February 22, 2009

Getting to where you need to be..

We know that Valentine's just happened a week and a few days ago but it seems right to make a post about this. You see, there was a time last year when it was common to come across a brokenhearted person. It felt like it was the epidemic that time. Hehe. Now, you're unsure where you stand. Are you over the heartbreaker or what? We sorted the songs on how it could best describe what 'stage' you are in. It's hard to clearly distinguish the stages but we did our best. Listen to these songs. Hopefully these will help you figure things out.

SICK AND TIRED
Okay, you gotta admit it. You are so not over your ex. You want to stop missing him and still caring for him, so bad. You say you no longer love him but secretly, deep down inside, you still want him. This, we believe, is the stage where most of the songs you could relate to are the super bitter ones. However, this stage is good. Why, you ask? Well, you are already aware that you want to stop being secretly in love with him. You are already exhausted. You've reached your boiling point.

1. My sweet song - Toby Lightman

Oh you said love was forever and you told me

love would never

Break my heart, and I believed you as I fell

That's all over, let it go,

You're just a song I used to know

And your fantasy, it don't work for me

Go and pick on someone else

2. Perfect - Smashing Pumpkins

But please you know youre just like me

Next time I promise well be

Perfect

Perfect

Perfect strangers down the line

Lovers out of time

Memories unwind


3. Gives you hell - All-American Rejects

Truth be told I miss you
Truth be told I'm lying

When you see my face
I hope it gives you hell, I hope it gives you hell
When you walk my way
I hope it gives you hell, I hope it gives you hell
If you find a man thats worth the damn and treats you well
Then he's a fool you're just as well hope it gives you hell
Hope it gives you hell
Tomorrow you'll be thinking to yourself
Where did it all go wrong?
But the list goes on and on


READY TO MOVE ON
In this stage, you know you no longer want to be bitter. All you want to do is let go of the negative emotions. You want to start anew. You want to move past the failed relationship. You are finally back to the reality that you need to let it all go. You are already aware that nothing good would come from staying stuck in the past.

1. Pull it from my heart - Paolo Nutini

Consciousness and bandages it’s time to get it right

Refuses to abandon ship and sink without a fight

Maybe I should take a trip and start with something new

Pull this bullet from my heart It’s better without you


2. Coming to terms - Carolina Liar

I’m coming to terms

I’m starting to learn

This ain’t all it’s cracked up to be

’Cause I’m using you, you’re using me

It’s never as easy as we believe


3. It's over - Jesse McCartney

'Cause I'm not comin' back I'm closing the door

I used to be trippin' over missin' you but I'm not anymore

I got the picture phone but baby your picture's gone

Couldn't stand to see your smile every time you dialed


'Cause it's over

Girl you know it's over this time



SOMEWHERE IN BETWEEN
So, you are trying so hard to forget him. You badly want to get over the past but sometimes you just can't avoid missing him and the relationship. As they say, in order to fully move on, you must try to learn from the relationship. The only way to learn from it is by recalling what happened (good or bad) and sometimes it just seems like the good overpowers the bad. Don't worry too much, remembering the good times (and missing it) really is part of this stage. But notice how your will to move on fights with the memories of being so happy and in love before.

1. Same mistake - James Blunt

Saw the world turning in my sheets

And once again, I cannot sleep

Walk out the door and up the street

Look at the stars beneath my feet

Remember rights that I did wrong

So here I go

2. Still crazy - Paolo Nutini

So sure as the rain starts to fall,

Yes I’ll always remember you close

And though we don’t touch anymore.

I was crazy for you; I’m still crazy for you, that’s for sure.

Still crazy for you, still crazy for you, still crazy for you


3. Wish I never met you - Trina

I wish I never met you boy

And its killing me to know that I cant have you in my world.

I wish I never met you boy

If I can turn back time, then I'll make it so that you were my boo.

I wish I never met you boy


4. Somewhere in between - Lifehouse

Would you catch me if I fall out of what I fell in

Don't be surprised if I collapse down at your feet again

I don't want to run away from this

I know that I just don't need this


Cuz Im waiting for tonight

Then waiting for tomorrow

And Im somewhere in between

What is real, and just a dream


OVER
You're trying to live your life but he returns out of nowhere. You are surprised but it doesn't faze you. Surprise surpris, you have finally given the verdict on your past relationship. You are done with it. Is this true, you are completely over him and the relationship? Yuh-uh ;) What's good about this stage is you can now decide properly what you want to happen. Are you willing to be good friends with your ex? Are you willing to give him another chance? Or would you rather have nothing to do with him? You'd rather lock him out of your life?

1. Let me be the one - Mint Condition

I guess we both have seen some brighter days
Somehow the love we shared, has slipped away
Still I wanna be the one who keeps you safe and warm
Let me be the one

2. The best you never had - Leona Lewis

Because I told you, you would look to regret it,

And now I don't wanna make you feel bad,

But when it comes to me just forget it,

I'll be the best you never had,

You put me through so many emotions,

Now baby it's besides the fact,

'cause in your empty heart I had left a mark,

The best you never had.


3. Never again - Kelly Clarkson

Does it hurt

To know I'll never be there

Bet it sucks

To see my face everywhere

It was you

Who chose to end it like you did

I was the last to know

You knew

Exactly what you would do

Don't say

You simply lost your way

She may believe you

But I never will

Never again


4. Only love - The Braxtons

I'm over you somehow

Only love knows how

I have the strength to move on again

The more you put me down

'Cause love knows how

It gave me the strength to move on


5. Never again - Justin Timberlake

But you didn't say you're sorry

I don't understand

You don't care that you hurt me

And now I'm half a man

That I used to be when it was you and me

You didn't love me enough

My heart may never mend

And you'll never get to love me


There you go. Whatever you find out about how you feel, just remember to take things slowly. Learn to trust your heart so you can get to where you need to be. Besides, everybody deserves to be happy. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin