Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Hooray for Oishi!

What you girls are not aware of is that I (NJ) am a vegetarian. It's not hard really, there are a lot very tasty meat substitutes out there. Besides, I could live without the fatty, oily and absolutely unhealthy cuisine in the world. But then there are times that I would of course be craving for the occasional junk food. I mean hey, I'm a teen! We're born to live on junk. haha :P

But I don't eat everything as well. I have to make sure the chips I eat are not made from animal products, that's why I don't know what the famous Tempura Chips tastes like (hehe). While my mom was checking out junk food in the supermarket, she chanced upon, Oishi's Marty's Cracklin'
a Vegetarian Chicharon in vinegar and salt flavor! Wow. Vegetarian Chicharon? I think my mom hit the jackpot with this one!

Well, the chicharon has been in my storage bag for the longest time 'til I finally decided to open it this weekend and alas, what marvelous treasure I found! The gift of Chicharon! Hahaha!

Really guys, this product is amazingggg! It really does taste like the real deal! I especially like the crackling itself because its texture is so real! It even pops when you put it in your tongue! I tell you, at times I would even forget I'm actually eating peas instead of pork. haha! This is way cool!

I give Oishi two big thumbs up for this! It is so amazing! And for the price of 20php per big bag, I say this is definitely worth it! And you know, this would also sell for non-vegetarians! I mean, hey, it's less the fat of real chicharon, that you could actually eat a lot of it without the guilt! Also, products like this pave the way for a more healthier society, dontchathink? :P

Since I'm already talking about Oishi, let me share with you another of their fabulous Vegetarian-friendly products: Pods!

Pods take inspiration from its Mother, Snacku but Pods is better! First, Pods is made of Real Green Peas while Snacku is from rice with vegetable flavoring. So you see which one is more 'pure' right? Second, it feels heavier! Eating Snacku is like eating air, it's too light! But Pods is more filling because it's thicker and more 'packed' if you get what I mean. Last, Pods is prettier :) Haha. Really! The packaging is definitely prettier than Snacku :)

Not that I'm saying Snacku doesn't taste good (because it's good too!) but I just like Pods better. And if you're a big fan of Snacku in your childhood, I'm sure you'd love Pods!

Haven't tasted any of these products? Well, what are you waiting for then? Go now to your nearest grocery and grab a box of each! (hehe) You know you want to ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin