Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Manic over hey monday!

So alright, I brand myself a loser for not seeing these guys when they performed in Manila. Boo me! I missed out on this big opportunity! Darnnit.

Well, this won't stop me from raving about them here instead! Who am I talking about? Hey Monday! The newest, pop-est, cool-est band right now! You are so last summer if you haven't heard of them yet! haha, kidding! :P

Hey Monday is an American Alternative rock band who is currently touring with Fall Out Boy (gaah, I missed their show!). They are a very young band (so obvious!) who was actually discovered by Pete Wentz. Yeah, that's why they're "luckily" touring with the boys :)

I think their appeal lies in the fact that they look so amateur that it comes off really fresh! It's not that you haven't heard their sound before but more of how they present their music in a weirdly fresh and appealing way. In the words of Simon Cowell, "they have likeability".

I know, they are no Paramore. For a 19-year old Cassadee is no match to Hayley who is the same age as her. But they have a sound of their own. And it's this "freshness" that I think is very promising for the band. It's what makes them "in" right now.

So, why don't you just check them out and see for yourself? As for me, I'm going manic over Hey Monday :) Try listening to Homecoming and my current favorite, Candles :)


Homecoming - Hey Monday


p.s. Just a trivia. If you think you've seen Cassadee before, you really might have! She makes a cameo in Fall Out Boy's America's Suitehearts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin