Saturday, August 10, 2013

August Rush

"Wizard: What do you want to be in the world? I mean the whole world. What do you want to be? Close your eyes and think about that."


"August Rush: Found."

It's true. For most people, all they want is to find and be found. Life is an unending search-- for meaning; for purpose; for people; for love.   

August Rush is no different. He was looking for his parents and he used music to find them. 

We go out into this world looking for something. And we get into a lot of trouble, experience a lot of pain just to find that one thing-- that one thing that would make life worth living. It is so easy to give up on the search; there are just too many challenges, too many things that would discourage us, and I don't blame people who give up. It's a tiring task and it's not for the weak of heart.
To be found. Wow. What a beautiful wish. And one that I share with that boy, August Rush.


What a beautiful thing-- that feeling of being lost; of wanting to find and be found. I remember when I was younger, there's this prayer I absolutely loved. It goes, "Dear God. I'm lost. Please find me."

The thing with being lost is that it gives you the chance to be found. It is during these times that you allow the universe to work its magic and help you out. You may think that it is a place of darkness; of hopelessness. But it is the opposite, really. When you feel like you're out of track, with no direction, with no hope, you find yourself with the opportunity to start fresh. To choose a new track. To press restart. And this chance, it is a gift-- one that if you only knew what lies underneath is something you'd rush to open.

It's okay to be lost. Because one day, some day, someone will find you. Taking the lines from my favorite song out of the soundtrack,

 "If you hadn't found me, 
I would have found you".

Beautiful, beautiful film. 

Movie stills: google images (sorry too many sites to credit)

2 comments:

  1. what a nice song! am not familiar with the movie though. when was this shown?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liz! This movie is old! Way back 2007 :) But I don't think this was shown in Manila, I've also only seen it just now. You should watch it! It's really good and the soundtrack is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin