Sunday, February 12, 2012

Hearts Day Treat Idea - The Lollicake Factory

Do you guys remember that I mentioned in a previous post that I'm not as inclined to Valentine's Day as I used to? And how it's odd that Valentine's-related things have been finding me? Well, here's another treat that I saw earlier today which I think would be great to give to your special someone or to your friends for Hearts Day.
LOLLICAKES!
What exactly is a lollicake? A lollicake is basically a cake on a lollipop stick. Each lollicake is carefully formed into a ball and coated with icing. What's so great about lollicakes or cakepops is that it's big enough to satisfy your craving and at the same time it's small enough to not make you feel guilty about indulging (well, that is if you can control yourself and eat just one...or two...okay fine, three).

The Lollicake Factory is owned by LJ Moreno-Alapag and is located at 56-D East Capitol Drive, Brgy. Kapitolyo, Pasig near the Food Barn. We were in a hurry to enter the store because it was drizzling outside. So imagine how disoriented we were once we got inside. To our surprise, we were greeted by LJ who was manning the counter.

Upon seeing the different flavors, my sisters and I agreed to each get a Red Velvet Lollicake. We also ordered Carrot Cake, Cookies and Cream and Dulce De Leche Lollicakes. Our parents ordered boxes of the Red Velvet, Buttercream, Dulce De Leche and Chocolate Lollicakes. Since my sister got curious about their cupcakes, she bought one Red Velvet cupcake as well.
Lookie here! It's their Valentine's Day Packages :)
When we got home, my sister tried the Red Velvet Cupcake right away. Her verdict: DIVINE!
I, on the other hand, took a picture of our Lollicakes. So far, we've tried the Red Velvet and the Dulce De Leche.
Not only is this great for Hearts Day, it's also a cool idea for birthday party giveaways. My sister saw a booklet of all their customized lollicakes and cupcakes. So if ever you're following a party theme, you can work with them and customize your lollicake giveaways.

LJ also mentioned that aside from lollicakes and a few lunch/snack food, she's venturing into homemade ice cream and she's planning to sell some ice cream real soon. I wonder what flavors she'll come up with.

Drooling yet? Drop by The Lollicake Factory or give them a call (0999.777.44.43) to avail of their V-Day promo or to try their sinful treats! I'm sure LJ would be very happy to chat with you and serve you :)

1 comment:

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin