Friday, February 17, 2012

Stay Strong

You know how I've always been a fan of Demi Lovato. I think she is very talented and she is one of the very few Disney stars I am sincerely a fan of. Demi has been through a depression phase and now that I am in a sorrowful state myself, I take inspiration from her.

Stay strong, Demi said.

 
I've found new admiration for those who are able to stay strong in times of adversity. Truly, it takes much more than courage to get through difficult times. You can seek help from people around you but at the end of the day, you can only rely on yourself to help you through. It's a conscious effort. It's a choice. It's you deciding to be brave.

Constant reinforcement and words to live by help a lot. You repeat it over and over until the saying engulfs your being and you take it as the truth. For me, it is this:

Life comes and goes. Happiness comes and goes. Sorrow comes and goes. This too shall pass.


p.s. Thank you to all who showed concern and gave comforting words in my last post. Please accept my sincere thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin