Monday, December 10, 2007

Figaro, figaro, figaro!

I have never been a fan of Figaro. Of all the coffee shops I have tried since I was a little girl (mind you, I have tried a lot) this I have to say is my least favorite of all. Well, for one, the first time I tried their coffee which was back in the fifth grade, I got brain freeze on my very first sip which was a total bummer!-- and add to that the extremely bitter taste of the coffee. Ugh!
Still, I didn't want to close my door to them so the time when I was far from my favorite cafe and was craving for some caramel macchiatto, I decided to go there instead. I was planning to stay for a long time since I was waiting for someone so I decided to buy coffee. I opted for their Caramel Macchiatto which to my surprise, was priced at only 49 pesos. Cheap, huh? Well, turns out, their caramel macchiatto was served in this teeny weeny shot cup! It was so hilarious! I wanted to laugh right then and there! I really felt like I was playing tea party with my girlfriends or something as I held the cup daintily with my thumb and fore finger. Well, so much for my plan of staying long! Well, as they say, the third time's a charm so I decided to try it out again with my good friend. So, how was it? let me break down the essentials:

service: Super bad! First of all, they lacked advertisements for their new products. My friend and I were so disappointed to find out they sold Peppermint mocha lattes after we have already ordered. Plus, they didn't have the usual, self-service technique most cafes have so you have to wait to be served by waiters. The idea is good but then, the execution has not been properly planned. See, you're given numbers for your table but the numbers cannot stand up on their own so the waiters have a hard time looking for you. Also, the waiting time was too long! Plus, the items don't come at the same time so you'd most likely be choking on your food already but your drink has not arrived yet or vice versa.

food: I only tried the pastries and so far, so good. They serve them really hot you'd think they were fresh out the oven. They smell pretty good too and for the minimal price you have to pay, I say it's a good deal.

coffee: and so here goes the most critical of all! The coffee! Oh yes the coffee! I ordered the Caramel Frost Light while my friend got the Coffee Jelly. The coffee jelly was so bitter! It was so far from the usual coffee jellies being sold at other cafes. The packaging wasn't very pretty too. For one, it arrived without the lid on and had no other topping design aside from a small amount of whipped cream. The Caramel Frost Light I ordered on the other hand did not disappoint. It was true to its promise of being light meaning subtle coffee taste, minimal sweetness, just LIGHT! For once, I thought it was pretty good!

Verdict: Overall, the whole coffee experience was not very good. It's not really something you would want to do over again in the very near future. Still, I say the third time's a charm! This time is a far cry from my past Figaro experiences so maybe, just maybe, I'd change my mind about them soon.

Peppermintkiss rating: ♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin