Monday, October 17, 2011

Sweet n' salty

Lately I've been having the weirdest cravings-- I wanted something sweet but salty. At first I thought I was just craving bibingka (it is sweet and salty) but then after eating bibingka, I still wanted something else-- apparently, it wasn't bibingka I was craving-- it was just the taste of something sweet and salty.

Well, that something was satisfied by Coffeebean and Tea Leaf's Salted Caramel Infused Cappuccino!

I've always been curious of the flavor, I've often found myself wanting to try it but I never did until a few days ago and I am so glad I finally discovered how tasty it is!

I know the flavor is not for everybody, I think you have to be of the adventurous kind to appreciate the taste.

To describe it, it's sweet but ends in a salty note. The froth is a bit salty with the coffee itself sweet and creamy. Yes, it's that bizarre!--but it really, really works! Yum!

One tip though, this is best taken in a cup like so:
It just doesn't work the same when it's in a paper cup like the one I had above. I think it's because some of the salt is in the rim of the cup so the experience isn't the same with a paper cup. This only means you should dine in!-- and while you're at it, you may want to bring a copy of your favorite book for the perfect coffee shop experience ;)

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know Coffeebean had a drink like that! It sounds very interesting though, I might try it out sometime! :)

    Nix

    ReplyDelete
  2. it IS super interesting! I hope you find it tasty as well! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin