Friday, July 23, 2010

Cats: Now and Forever

*sings!* Memory, all alone in the moonlight
I can smile at the old days,
I was beautiful then

*throws hands in the air, spins gracefully*

Yesternight was one of the most whimsical nights I have ever had, and I owe it to the Cats :)

Saw the dress rehearsal for Cats yesterday along with other invitees at the CCP. I have always loved musicals and Cats reminded me why I enjoy them so much.

I came to the event totally not knowing what the story was all about. Didn't bother buying a program because they sell it for 500php which I think is pretty ridiculous for something so thin. But when the lights dimmed and the music played, I knew then and there that I would love it!

The entire production is just unbelievable! The set and props were amazing, the music was spot on and the performers were incredibly good! The production was so whimsical, I felt my youth again and I regretted not having seen it when I was a kid. If I did, then maybe I wouldn't have disliked cats that much. (lol!)

The performers were really good, I find myself calling them cats, because that's what they've become to me-- real life, humongous felines! That's how good they were! It's just a little disappointing to see that Lea Salonga didn't have much participation, given that she can't really dance as well as the cats. But for the parts that she did perform in, Lea was of course, ah-mazing! Her rendition of Memory was UNBELIEVABLE!

I like it too that the Cats interacted with the audience even if at times I felt scared of them co'z they were really big! (They were foreigners so most were bordering on 6 feet tall) But they looked so cute and moved so gracefully (so like real cats!) that you'd find them irresistible!

I am so glad I pushed myself to see Cats even if I was already dead beat yesterday. It's one of those musicals I won't ever forget-- like Miss Saigon. I find myself thinking about Cinderella (musical too with Lea Salonga three years ago), and I can't remember a thing. Haha! So this is what Simon Cowell means by having performances which are "forgettable". But that definitely didn't, and won't happen with Cats! It's the kind of production that will stick with you until you're gray and old.

I am still floating in fantasy. The surreal feeling has not yet disappeared. I just feel the immense desire to see it again!--and again!--and again! hahaha! :P

Cats, see you (again) on the 27th!

3 comments:

  1. Ate ninin! you were there?! that's so cool!

    I'm doing the publicity for CATS. darn. So sad that I didn't see you. Was ate soan there too? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Cielo btw. haha OrCom :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cielo! Yes I was! mom works at the ccp :) where do you work? tell me if you're going to Cats again, maybe we can meet :)

    Soan wasn't there but Lec was with me on the 27th :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin