Sunday, March 28, 2010

Starbucks Flavor Mix No. 7

I was chatting with our intern last week about Starbucks coffee when I remembered we had an entire post dedicated to "flavor experiments" more than a year ago. It started co'z we were getting bored ordering the same thing over and over that we just HAD to come up with new flavors ourselves! Well I almost forgot we did and for some reason I had this urge to experiment again. So what did I whip up this time? (this one's interesting!)

Iced Soy Caramel Macchiato


Basically, they just substitute Soy Milk for regular milk. It's a Vegan alternative which I suppose is "healthier".

Normally, I only order Caramel Macchiato when I need some serious caffeine boost because it's one of those coffee flavors with a bolder and stronger taste. However, I was so surprised when I tasted the one with Soy and it wasn't strong at all! It was actually creamy, I thought it had no coffee in it. The Soy off set the bitter taste of the coffee and it gave it a lot more dimension. It did however overpower the caramel. I think next time, I should add two more pumps of caramel to make it sweeter, but overall, it worked!

This one has the PK seal of approval! Woot, woot! I will be experimenting on more Soy Milk-based coffee flavors so check back soon! I'm so excited! lol!

If you didn't get to read Starbucks Flavor Mix Numbers 1 to 6, click here!

2 comments:

  1. i am boring. My coffee is a dead give away. Am a latte drinker for years now. The only flavor i tried with my latte is the orange flavor. i know am boring.

    ill try that tomorrow. Have a great day.


    I am Denise Katipunera

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Denise. That's okay. Don't think you're boring.. Sometimes people just find comfort in what's familiar. But we're really glad that you're game to try our suggested Starbucks coffee flavor :)

    Tell us what you think about it, ayt?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin