Saturday, March 20, 2010

Haagen Dazs cafe!

I have extremely weird preference in ice cream. Like most of the stuff I eat, I like it when my ice cream has a lot of dimension. Meaning, it has texture, is unique, un-bland and preferably... took time to prepare (versus the usual, 'scooped out of the tub' servings). This is why I really enjoy going to ice cream parlors co'z they satisfy my 'list'.

One of my favorites would have to be Haagen Dazs cafe because not only does Haagen Dazs ice cream taste heavenly, they also prepare 'em in the most special way!

See for yourself:

...the famous Haagen Dazs ice cream fondue! Yes, you are not mistaken, the serving is smaller with this one co'z I got the "valentines day" special which is only good for two. The up side to this however is that it gives you two free movie tickets of your choice! :)

For dipping! I am truly amazed at the ice cream balls and how it goes so well with the melted chocolate. When I first tried this I wondered how the chocolate would stick to the ice cream only to realize later on that the melted chocolate would harden upon contact with the ice cream!

The melted chocolate is another highlight! I absolutely love it! It is so chocolate-y and rich that I often wonder what kind of chocolate they use. I think they merely melted a bar of lindt or something because it's not watery and the taste is just phenomenal!

Here's another ice cream "preparation" I really enjoy at Haagen Dazs:


Can't remember the name for this but it's dulce de leche ice cream, brittle nut macadamia ice cream with bananas and crepe. This one is tdf! Of course the ice cream tasted heavenly but another thing I particularly like is the crepe! It's thicker than the normal but it's sooooo good! Nom, nom, nom, nom!

I am absolutely drooling right now, it's not even funny anymore!

If you happen to find yourself at Haagen Dazs Cafe, you SHOULD get yourself some of these delectable treats, you will not regret it!

PK tip: also try getting the hazelnut brittle with the waffle (not sure what the name of that is), and the chocolate and coffee sundae (as always, don't ask me what it's called.hehe), they are incredibly good and two of my other personal favorites! Yum!

Wallet damage:
chocolate fondue: 888php (for the valentines treat)
crepe: 389php (?) around 3oo-ish

5 comments:

  1. Really, they have these at Haagen Dazs?! There's a Haagen Dazs branch near my place but I haven't paid it a visit because I thought it was just a glorified ice cream parlor! I'm definitely going there very soon. Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOOOOOOW!!!!!

    I WANNA HAVE ONE FOR MYSELF TOO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol! I'm guessing Haagen Dazs will be full of PK girls soon. hihi :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. FYI:the melted chocolate they are using is not lindth...it is called callebaut chocolate...people who knows their food & chocolate knows this brand...maybe your just pretending to be a foodie...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops, sorry! thanks for the info on the chocolate!

    I actually don't know what chocolate they use, don't know much about these stuff. Because yes, we're not really experts (we hardly even cook!), we're just casual eaters who like to share the great food we stumble upon :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin