Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Jai Ho!

When Slumdog Millionaire won awards left and right, I immediately wanted to see the film. But for some reason, it is only now that it made its way to the Philippines. Well, well, well, I'm glad I waited because it has proven that it is indeed worthy of acclaim!

The plot is simple: an Indian boy wins in Who wants to be a Millionaire. His win was questionned because they did not think he was capable of answering all those questions. BUT as the film reveals, he is actually able to answer every single one of them because each one is connected to a very important event in his life. It's a simple film but it is very deep--and I think that that is what makes the movie spectacular.



I give this film two thumbs up! It was deep, simple, and a very great movie to watch. You also have to see the dance number at the end, it was so beautiful!

I am actually getting lss from the song, Jai Ho which is part of the soundtrack. The PCD did a great job with it. They made it modern and ultra cool. Check out the video here:



Just a trivia: Jai Ho actually means Hallelujah! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin