Saturday, April 25, 2009

Movie Review: 17 again

I've been wanting to drag my friends to watch 17 again since I heard it's a hit in the US. Well, we finally got to see the film and boy am I so glad we went to see it because I tell in you, this is one of the best teen flicks I have seen in a long while!

The story is very simple, unoriginal even. A 30 something guy regretted a choice he made when he was seventeen. A spirit guide came to him and he woke up being seventeen again. Sounds familiar? Yeah, I know... very 13 going on 30 indeed. The story was very simple, light and really hilarious! I think that's one of its appeals. It's such a typical teen flick that it just works for its audience. Hehe :) I mean, what do you expect from a teen flick?

But you know where the real money is? ZAC EFRON. Ohmygollywow! I am not a big fan of Zac but after the film, I think I'm crushing on him. Boy was he hot! I think he really made the right choice for not accepting the remake of Grease because it would totally stereotype him as a "musical" dude. In this film, you would see the other side of Zac you haven't seen before. He was so masculine, older and so not gay (as what I thought of his acting in HS musical.hehe) I was really shocked to see how well he could act! He was really believable as an older man trapped in a 17 year old body. Wow.

I tell you, you SHOULD see this film! This I think is one of the cutest summer films of 2009. Plus, you cannot miss out from seeing Zac. He was just so different in this film that I totally got it why America (and Vanessa Hudgens) swoons over him. hehe :)








So maybe the film isn't brilliant. But for what it is-- a teen flickthat is, I say it was good. Plus, I honestly think you would totally dig this movie for the sole reason that Zac Efron stars in it.

Oh boy, I just cannot get over how hot Zac was there. UNbelievable.

Try to note "Alex" (Sterling Knight) too. I can feel he's going to be big! If he seems familiar to you, you've probably seen him in Hannah Montana's "my bestfriend's boyfriend" episode :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin