Friday, August 27, 2010

Restaurant Review: Cafe Breton

There are days when my taste buds crave for something so totally out of the blue that I end up having one of those "spontaneous-slash-weird" food trips.

This time, I found myself wanting to eat crepes at lunch time.

My incessant prodding got me what I wanted and although the thought of eating crepes for lunch didn't go well with my mom, we still ended up at Cafe Breton-- one of the best places to go to for crepes in the metro!

Cafe Breton as most may know is well known for their French crepes but don't think that's all they offer. They have other options too (that are more 'lunch' appropriate) but really, since you're in a place known for crepes, then you SHOULD eat crepes!

For my "main" meal, I got a savory crepe filled with garlic, tomatoes and cheese:

Vampire Crepe (tomatoes, cheese and garlic) Sooo good!  Notice how it's nice and brown on the outside. 
It may look "glossy" but believe me, it's not oily--at all!
The inside looks so modest but the taste is incredible! I'm such a loser for being vegetarian and not having more options for the savory crepes but honestly, I was so surprised to find out that the seemingly 'untasty', simple treat could be so  good! It's like there's an explosion of flavor in your mouth!
For dessert, I got the heavenly crepe (mangoes, special cream, caramel ice cream and caramel syrup)! Normally, I don't like mangoes but since this is a "special" day, I tried this one instead and boy was I not disappointed! It was amaaaaazing!
Yum yum yum yum! Just looking at it now makes me hungry!

I am super glad my taste buds were acting weird that day because I couldn't be more satisfied with my lunch! Cafe Breton does live up to its reputation of having really good crepes. I tell you, if you haven't been there, you should schedule breakfast/lunch/dinner there some time soon! It's that good!

PK rating: 9/10!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin