Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Turning the basic into art

When I was a kid, I didn’t really like to read newspapers mainly because I didn’t understand all the serious stuff yet. I did, however, like to pretend like I was a grownup so what I’d do was get the paper, find the illustrations and act as if I was intently reading the articles. That’s how I got to know about the famous Slice of Life portion in the Weekend Magazine of one of the prominent broadsheets. Larry Alcala, a graduate of UP Fine Arts, was well-recognized locally and internationally for his contribution to the cartoon industry.

We recently got news that SOLO created a memorabilia collection of the Pinoy Cartoonist’s works. I can't wait to visit one of their stores because of the following items I saw in their site:
I'd love to wear this BUTTON DOWN BUBBLE DRESS (Php1,795) with black sheer stockings and my metallic pink flats





Wear this GRAY/TEAL SLUB DRESS (Php1,595) layered or on its own.

Can you rock this funky pair of PRINTED LEGGINGS (Php795)?I wonder if I can..
A SLEEVELESS COLLARED BLOUSE WITH A FRONT POCKET (Php1,595) in red brings a wonderful pop of color to my wardrobe.
I'd love to have this: LIMITED EDITION UNISEX WATCH (Php1.195). Who knows, we might be able to give one away to a lucky reader!







They also have a collection for men. I looked at it and saw numerous His&Hers shirts for the collection.What caught my attention though, was this:
DOGTAG WITH LOCK/HEART PENDANT (Php495) in Black
If the photos above aren't enough to get you giddy then maybe this next bit of information would...SOLO officially launched their Online Model Search (feat: Pinoy Cartoonist Memorabilia) 2 days ago! If you wanna be a model just like the new Miss Universe, Jimena Navarrete (yup, she has been modeling since 15), why don’t you try and check the mechanics at SOLO'S ONLINE MODEL SEARCH PAGE. You can also follow them, if you please, on Facebook or Twitter. Or check their other Larry Alcala designs by going to their website.

Hope to see you in one of the SOLO branches and hope to see your entries in their online model search page!

P.S.
Congrats to Ms. Philippines’ Venus Raj for making it to the Top 5. Also, Kudos to Mexico’s Jimena Navarrete for besting 82 equally gorgeous participants in the 2010 Miss Universe Pageant!

1 comment:

  1. Gaganda ng designs!! I have few pieces from Solo. Very affordable.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin