Monday, December 21, 2009

Penguin Classics Get a New Look!

Book stores are love :) I like spending time just browsing the shelves and mentally listing down titles I'd want to add to my book collection.

Well, I was casually looking through the books at National the other day when I chanced upon the coolest book covers ever!

What are they? They're some of our favorite Penguin Classics! Aren't they adorable?? I am so in love with these new covers, I wanted one for myself right then and there! But the hefty price tag on these and the fact that I already own a copy stopped me from another impulsive purchase. Hehe :P

My favorite of all the covers would have to be Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. See the drastic change from the boring cover on the left to the new age, graphic-inspired one on the right. I love it!



Here's the front and back panel of the book:

They are sooooo pretty! It just goes to show that Classics doesn't have to be boring! Besides, these books are some of the best stories I have ever read and I'm so happy they are given a modern spin. Makes me hopeful that more kids would want to read them too :)


For now, National Bookstore is the only store I've seen these in. They retail for more than 6oophp each. So sorry I didn't get to note the artist behind these masterpieces but from what I remember, he's a famous Spanish painter :)

Give me a heads-up if you see other Classics with these new covers okay? I want to see them all! :) Thanks PK girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin