Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A car made of cloth

Would you drive a cloth car?

Yes, you read that right! Cloth! Fabric! You know, stuff that you can wear? Hard to imagine ey? Well, you don't have to imagine it because BMW has made the impossible, possible and created the GINA light visionary model!

The Gina is a concept car made of seamless fabric made out of polyurethane-coated Lycra which according to BMW, is durable and water-resistant. (BMW Group) The cool thing about it is that your car can actual shift shapes which is why they call this car the BMW shapeshifter!

Almost all the parts of the car is moveable which really depends on the preference of the driver. Inside the car, the headrest, steering wheel and gauges move into place while outside, the headlights, rocker panel and bumper can be adjustedl. How cool is that??

With just some simple manipulations (tilting mechanisms on the car), the driver can adjust it to its desired specification. On the picture on the left, you'd see how the the engine is revealed through a slit in the middle. Like whoa!

On the one below, you'd see what it looks like with the doors, engine and headlights open. Doesn't it look soooo fierce?

I am soooo in love with this car! I wish I could see it up close, touch it and drool over it! Kidding! :P Seriously though, this car is really HOT! The only unfortunate thing is that this will not be released in the market. It will be showcased in BMW showrooms and then would be placed in the BMW museum. Sad. :(

I could totally picture this in a Batman film. I mean, doesn't it look like the coolest Bat mobile ever?? It's so sleek! It's so BATMAN! (I am totally digging how the side wrinkles up when you open the door)

Gosh, I totally love this car! BMW has outdone itself once again! They really are the King of luxury cars! I just you know... wish I could actually afford to buy myself one. lol! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin