Monday, June 28, 2010

Instant pick-me-uppers!

Do you have those days when you don't feel like putting make-up on? I have to admit that most days, I do get that feeling. Ms.D will prolly get furious at me for admitting that I rarely paint my face pretty but I'm just so sleepy in the morning! Haha. But of course, as the title suggests, I don't completely go through the whole day without make-up. Instead, I wear minimal make-up that'll make me look (and feel) wide awake! I choose to wear one of the following (depending on what I'm wearing, what I'll be doing for the day and what my mood is):
1. Nivea Lip Care Star Fruits Cherry
Let me tell you about the make-up that is technically NOT A MAKE-UP. The first time I tried the Cherry flavored Nivea lip care, I didn't like its scent and taste because it reminded me of my medicine when I was a kid. That's also the reason I settled for the Strawberry flavored one. Although I don't remember what triggered my shift to Cherry, that's what I use now. I started to fall in love with this product when I saw that my lips were chapped-no-more and the hint of color (glossy&reddish yet still looks au naturel) is perfect for my skintone! Another perk of this product, it's quite affordable at P79.

2. Model Co. Cheeky Tints Cheek and Lip Tint

The texture of the product is a bit thick that's why I use this more for the lips (and rarely for the cheeks). There are several things that I like about this product (as a lip tint). One is that its finish isn't shiny. Remember the Lipps candy? The one that gives you pinkish lips after eating? The effect of this lip tint is similar to that. The only difference is that the shade this gives is darker and redder than Lipps' pink. Another thing I like about this product is that when you accidentally lick it from your lips, it doesn't taste bad. Fine, it tastes a bit salty but this tastes okay compared to the other cheek/lip tints I've tried.

3. Lip Color

Whenever I want to feel like a grown-up, I use lip color instead of lip tint or lip gloss. I use my Bobbi Brown Coral Pink lip color to get a natural-looking pink pout. According to the Bobbi Brown Cosmetics site, the shade I got is a bright warm pink, hence the orange-y shade. I like how subtle this hint of pink is on my lips. There's something about the color that helps me achieve that oh-so-feminine look I aim for whenever I opt to wear this. I use my Mary Kay creme lipstick in Sunset to get a warm red shade that's perfect for my skintone. I got this for 650php and it promises to defend your lips against wrinkle-causing free radicals with its Vitamin E and C derivatives. Also I like that it doesn't bleed when I wear it, making me unworried about getting lipstick on my teeth. There's also something about the Mary Kay lipstick that makes it quite appealing to me. Until I checked, I had no idea that it had a hint of vanilla flavor. But once I read it I had an 'Aha!' moment. I figured, that's why I like to use it so much...that's why I seemed addicted to it!

4. Nars Blush in Orgasm and Bobbi Brown Face Brush

I use the most popular shade of Nars' Blush, Orgasm --yes they also have the Super Orgasm. Orgasm is a peachy pink shade with shimmer while the Super Orgasm is a peachy pink shade with gold glitter. I use the Orgasm shade because I need this for everyday use, that means I need the less shimmery one. Ironically, I don't wear this everyday either. I especially avoided using this last summer because upon analyzing my face, I noticed that my face tends to turn red once I transfer from an air-conditioned room to a room with no air-con. So, using blush on really hot days would just make me look like a tomato.

5. Maybelline Volum' Express Lift-Up/Cat Eyes Mascara and Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler

To highlight the eyes, you can emphasize your long, luscious lashes. To achieve that look, just curl your lashes then apply two coats of mascara. If I want thick looking, full lashes then I use the lift-up. If I want the sectioned (err, sorry can't think of a better term) and thick strands effect then I use the cat eyes. Another wonderful thing about mascaras is that there are a lot of good brands out there that are affordable.

If you plan to try the tips above, please take note to NEVER highlight your eyes and lips at the same time (you run the risk of looking clown-ish). Also, another tip we can give you is to assess your face. Maybe you need to conceal but don't need to put lipstick on (lip balm would do). Or maybe you need to put powder on your T -zone and skip putting blush. How about you girls, what's your fail-proof/ go to beauty product? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin