Monday, June 14, 2010

Real life "secret garden"

Part of the reason I think I got sick is because we went to Batangas last weekend. It was really fun especially since the province has beautiful treasures waiting to be discovered. One of the most memorable places for me was this quaint restaurant called Kainan sa Dalampasigan in Nasugbu, Batangas.

When I first heard we were going there I thought, "Oh no, another seafood resto. What do I eat??" But to my surprise, the restaurant wasn't "seafood-themed" at all!
I was pleasantly surprised to find a place completely covered by vines and pretty plants. The place looks so rustic that I was immediately drawn to it!

The interior of the restaurant likewise reflected a "home-y" feel. It was Spanish inspired with its cathedral windows, exposed beams and wooden chairs and tables. It was so pretty!

The best thing I like about it is it wasn't formal at all! It felt like visiting a home. The beautiful plants inside the resto also added to the laid back feel. Can you believe there's even a waterfall inside??

The interior is really pretty! I absolutely love how the whole place looks and feels like one big garden! ...and to think I haven't even shown you the garden itself! Ch-ch-check it out!

I am in love with these ceiling high wooden doors! They look so shabby chic!

And speaking of doors, here's the entrance to "lolo's garden":

I super love how you feel so close to nature. Every nook and cranny is filled with plants! It's a restaurant IN a garden not a garden in a restaurant. The place is so magical, I am half-expecting to bump into tinkerbell. lol!

So sorry didn't get to take pictures of the food. In a phrase, "it's unremarkable". It's just okay :P

No reservation is needed so if you happen to pass by Nasugbu, Batangas drop by this place! It's an experience you would want to have in your lifetime. Trust me on this :)

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! And I have to agree. The place is really nice, looks magical!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts

Blog Widget by LinkWithin